Who We Are23rd Legislative District Democrats (informally known as the '23rd LD') are your neighbors who share your concern for our country's future. America is at a crossroads, and we have an obligation to choose the right path. By working together, we can protect our families, invest in our communities, and leave a better world for our children.
We are dedicated to promoting a progressive agenda that -- among other things -- will create jobs, raise wages, protect the environment, provide health care for all, increase access to higher education, reform our immigration and criminal justice systems, reaffirm our civil rights, promote more sensible foreign policy and reduce the influence of money in politics.
We do this by identifying and supporting progressive Democratic candidates, supporting grassroots mobilization to raise awareness and increase voting, and by amplifying our collective voice to our county, state and national organizing bodies to influence our party's platform and positions on issues.
Kitsap County is home to three important legislative districts, the 23rd, the 26th and the 35th. Within the 23rd LD, we vote in Precincts. Most Precincts have a Precinct Committee Officer, a neighbor who has been elected or volunteered to establish a direct link between our party and the voters in our neighborhood. Find your Precinct and connect with your PCO, or consider becoming a PCO yourself. Our goal is to:
- Increased collaboration to strengthen our voice by attracting younger voters, bridging the urban/rural gap, finding common ground with new partners, coalescing with unions, helping other Legislative Districts.
- Improve communications through better use of social media and creative messaging, more communication with members, more speakers at 23rd LD Democrats’ meetings and more advocacy training.
- Increase use of voter data by neighborhood canvassing to update voter data, better analysis of available voter data and more effective GOTV messaging.
- Fill vacant PCO positions and improve PCO effectiveness through more resources, training, mentoring and neighborhood organizing.
- Support Democratic candidates by focusing on down-ballot races and recruiting and training new candidates.